Version 0.8.2 is out now! Global Leaderboards, Nightly Builds and a number of bug fixes have gone into this one!
Now you can show off your best time for all to see. Global Leaderboards are now available for each race type and difficulty setting! At the end of each race your best lap time is shown compared to all those who’ve flown before you so you can see where you stack up against the competition!
The entire list of top times are shown online as well, head on over to the revamped metricracer.com to check out the leaderboards page today!
If you don’t want to have your times saved it’s as easy as turning the setting off in the new Profile dialog under ‘Settings > Profile’ from the main menu.
Don’t want to wait until v0.8.3 tp try out the next set of changes?! Nightly Builds of Metric Racer of the the latest and greatest are now available. The build pipeline will spit out and upload a fresh build with the latest changes each night and upload the changes to the website. If you like what you see or have some feedback, let me know through Discord!
You can opt in and out through Steam at any time by going to Metric Racer > Properties > Betas and select the ‘Alpha’ channel in the drop down. The change list is also posted on our website and tweeted out every night along with the new build so you can see whats new and available! This is my development stream though, so don’t be surprised if you encounter a few more bugs.
Improvements & Bug Fixes
One of the major bugs was racers getting stuck in the rocks when racing. I’ve reworked how the collision is handled with those elements which should drastically improve the reliability of those collisions. Some other bug fixes include:
- Player Profile screen has been added which gives the player a view of their progress and control over their profile setting.
- Player stats are now saved in a separate file for better handling
- Fixes Workshop Levels Defaulting Back To Previously Played Levels When Exiting
- Fixes Bug With Description Text Not Working Properly In Menu Slider
- Fixes Busan Level Not Opening under certain circumstances
- Fine tuning of difficulty settings
- Tuning of AI and Player relative acceleration rates
Some upcoming features for Metric are:
- Improved Skyboxes with more content and visuals
- Improved Cannons
- Improved Item unlock sequence
- Tournaments fully added
- The Rocks Region
But as always I’m always open to suggestions through Discord or Twitter!